recruitukltd Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
Are you looking for a new role in compliance / Training and Competency? Looking for a company which values it’s employees and their own career goals?
I am working on an excellent opportunity for an experienced financial planning Training and Competency professional to join a supportive and client focussed team in a central Birmingham. Along with the security of joining an established and hugely successful International Financial planning organisation the role will allow you the autonomy to fulfil your responsibilities in a supportive and rewarding environment.
Purpose of the role:
To assist in maintaining the firms T & C framework to promote a strong compliance culture, ensuring that regulatory and conduct risk is managed effectively and that Treating Customers Fairly principles are embedded within the organisation.
- Assisting the Compliance Director in providing T & C support to MFP
• Ensuring that both firms meet their FCA responsibilities with regard to T & C
• Acting as a T & C Supervisor
• To provide coaching, feedback and training to advisers
• to support advisers in achieving and maintaining competent status
• Ensure Advisors obtain and renew their SPS as required to give advice to clients
• Regular liaison with other T & C supervisors to ensure their compliance with the scheme
• Implementing changes/updates to the scheme when required
• Monitoring Advisors ongoing compliance with the scheme and “fit and proper “ rules
• Collecting, analysing and recording Key Performance Indicator information as required by the scheme
• Reporting via the Compliance Director to the Board on all aspects of the scheme
• Maintaining the T & C records as required by the FCA
• Responsible for recruitment administration for all new Advisors to ensure meet FCA “fit and proper” requirements
- To help staff with day to day compliance queries
• To help write and maintain key internal guidance manuals for example AML and financial crime
• To build a positive relationship with colleagues and key contacts
• Ensure prompt and effective communications with internal/external contacts
• To uphold compliance standards and look to minimise risk of day to day activities of the firm
• To file and store records in accordance with internal standards so they can be accessed and or retrieved in an efficient manner
• To approve financial promotions in line with FCA rules and guidance
• To undertake file reviews as requested and provide feedback to Advisors
• To maintain a good understanding of a broad range of financial products and associated legal and regulatory requirements , particularly pension products and legislation
• To identify and refer opportunities to improve working practices and /or risk management to enable improvements to be made
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- Broad base of compliance knowledge and proven experience of working in a T &C / Adviser training and development role.
- Practical Compliance experience within the financial services sector preferably with an Independent Financial Adviser
- Specific understanding/knowledge of the FCA COBS/SYSC rules
- Good understanding of other relevant legislation, including that related to financial crime
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence.
- Experience with Intelligent Office or similar back office system
For more information on this role, please contact Russell Davies at Recruit UK on 01179-170418. Quote ref 12619