recruitukltd Salary: £30k - £40k
I am working with a successful and growing financial planning company based in South East Birmingham who are looking for an experienced Paraplanner to join their expanding team.
This is a company that is looking to grow and with that they are open to new ways of working. They have an advice process that they are proud of and they want this to be followed, however, they are also willing to listen to ideas. They want to be challenged so that their process and advice is the best it can possibly be! They want to hear from people with opinions and ideas. Novel, challenging and perhaps unusual thought processes should help them be the best they can be.
As a close knit team you will find a refreshing and supportive working environment where everyone helps each other in their work and everyone makes the tea!
As a chartered financial planning firm they are;
- Looking to build long term relationships with clients.
- A high end and technical practice.
- Do not tie clients in, they stay because they strive to be good value and offer excellent service.
- Strict around the clients that they deal with.
- Trust is key, their clients trust them and they trust their clients.
- Selective about who they act for. They are proud to say they only deal with nice people. They want clients to be like family, their interests and that of their clients are aligned.
- It is important to the organisation to maintain their chartered status so they are looking for people who are chartered or have aspirations to become chartered.
They are seeking an experienced paraplanner that has initiative and is willing to use it! It’s a wide ranging role where being able to adapt and prioritise is as important as your technical ability.
The main focus of the role is to support the senior adviser in the following areas but predominantly in pensions;
- Pension and Retirement Planning, Defined Benefit Pension transfers, Pension Switching, Inheritance Tax Planning, All forms of Protection. Investment advice – ISA, Unwrapped, Offshore and Onshore bonds.
- New Clients / New Business – From financial plan through to Research and the Suitability Report. Providing the best advice and documenting compliantly is a priority
- Annual Reviews – same as the above
- Client Queries – Ability to deal with technical client queries that may be posed whilst no adviser in the office and to handle these competently and effectively – Conducting trades and other ongoing client maintenance
- Compiling compliance folders on completion of any advice – This includes documenting and uploading to back office systems etc.
- Assistance in creating financial plans and technical help for the senior adviser – they make mistakes too – so ability to spot these is important.
- Experience in using the following software is preferable, if not then ability to learn to use such research systems quickly and thoroughly is important;
Voyant, Financial express, Synaptics – modeller / comparator, Defaqto, Webline etc. , Sprint Fastrak, Plum back office, Selectapension, Microsoft programmes in general, Excel – REALLY GOOD SKILLS HERE!
The ideal candidate;
- Qualified to Chartered Financial Planner level
- 5 years’ experience of paraplanning
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
- A friendly and sunny outlook with ability assist other members of staff with their queries and act within a team.
- High levels of literacy and numeracy.
What’s in it for you;
- A competitive salary
- Career progression if you want it, there is a clear route to advice or management.
- They will be supportive and loyal. They will fit in with people’s family commitments etc. and will be flexible, however, we also want loyalty, honesty and respect in return.
- When the firm does well they want everyone to participate in that success through;
For more information on this role please contact Russell Davies at Recruit UK on 01179-170418. Quote reference 21011