My clients are a leading private client financial advice company they are part of a long term AA rated international financial services group which manages more than £70 billion of client assets around the world and have been helping to improve people’s lives for nearly 100 years.
They are looking to recruit a home-based Training & Competency Supervisor ideally based in the Glasgow / Edinburgh area of Scotland. Covering the North Region of England and all of Scotland. They are looking for a Training & Competency Supervisor to support their Training and Competency Team.
Their team ensures the professional competency of all their Members, Financial Planners and Portfolio Managers through supervision, training and development.
As a Training & Competency Supervisor, your role will be to ensure: –
- The requirements of the T&C scheme are fulfilled across the business
- Appropriate systems and controls are in place within our Adviser firms necessary to maintain compliance standards
- Assess the technical knowledge and skills of our advisers, the quality of advice given and the overall adherence to the Treating Customer Fairly (TCF) principles
- Promote skills and knowledge within our firms and advisers to facilitate positive consumer outcomes
- Ensure that the level of monitoring of firms and advisers that is conducted is within the Company requirements and risk rated approach to ensure positive consumer outcomes
- Ensure any issues or risks are identified and mitigated in the most appropriate way
Key to this role will be your ability to prioritise and work independently. In return, this role will broaden your existing Financial Services knowledge within a dedicated team who enjoy the responsibility of making a real difference.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate the following:
- QCA Level 4 qualified (or equivalent)
- Clear understanding of current regulation and regulatory requirements
- Good understanding of key industry issues and emerging risks
- Sound technical knowledge re-products and services that member firms/advisers offer
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal with people in various contexts with skill & tact
- Ability to analyse information with accuracy
- Self-motivated with the ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritise own work to meet set deadlines whilst maintaining high standards of work
- Ability to deal appropriately with confidential information
Please contact Andrew Nicholson at Recruit UK if you are interested in this position. Tel no 01179170415 or email email@example.com quoting ref: 12628