up to 45,000
This position has now been filled. If you are looking for a job, let us help you find a similar job.
- Ability to understand and articulate the Partners requirements, flagging any concerns where appropriate
- Obtaining information on clients’ existing financial arrangements and conducting gap analysis.
- Producing strategy reports providing high-level options addressing identified gaps in planning. 3 of 4
- Researching the market in line with guidelines from the Partners and preparing personalised high-quality reports that are clear to the client, are written in plain English and include all relevant compliance requirements.
- Communication with the relevant Partners and their designated Client Experience Executives throughout this process is of paramount importance. The role will be varied and requires a numerate and articulate individual who is highly organised, self-motivated and can influence others. The ideal candidate must possess excellent PC skills and have proven communication skills. You must have the ability to balance commercial needs with compliance requirements and be able to identify sales opportunities or flag any concerns.
- To have a thorough understanding of the Foster Denovo advice process, Strategy and Suitability letter format, pre-approval process and the regulatory requirements imposed by the FCA and be able to deliver against these in agreed timescales.
- To understand each client’s circumstances, objectives, attitude to risk, capacity for loss, knowledge and experience and timescales to ensure advice is appropriate. If not then an ability to challenge the adviser concerned to better understand why the recommendation is being proposed.
- Prepare analysis of client’s existing portfolio/holdings.
- Conducting research and produce client-facing Strategy Reports to facilitate business writing opportunities.
- Prepare research and quotations for client meetings.
- Dealing with client and provider correspondence (as part of the research and reporting process).
- To deliver a personalized and high-quality service to Partners.
- Prepare valuations and portfolio commentary for client meetings and updates.
- Liaise with colleagues, Compliance and Bankhall to assist the approval and submission of compliant new business.
- Provide regular updates to the Partners.
- Develop working relationships with product providers.
- Understand workflow and be able to deliver and report against various tasks, ensuring all concerned parties can easily review case status.
- Work closely with other Paraplanners to share ideas and best practice, including assisting the Practice Manager with all aspects of good customer experience and identify any improvements that can be made.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with skills and experience.
- To participate in appropriate company and departmental training, competence and development initiatives.
- To continuously meet, the regulator’s Fit & Proper requirements.
- A positive, friendly service-orientated person with a Ã¢can doÃ¢ attitude who is aware of the important role played by advisers and their staff in providing financial advice.
- An articulate communicator.
- Honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Hard working and responsive to the need to deliver a high-quality support service.
- Attention to detail and high standards of work.
- Minimum level 4 qualified.
- Experience of working as a Paraplanner within an IFA environment with a good knowledge of all retail investment products.
- Track record supporting Partners with high-quality research on a range of financial planning products solutions in line with the compliance framework.
- Experience writing detailed strategy and recommendation reports.
- Strong working knowledge of pre and post retirement planning (including pension transfers), investments and taxation
- Understanding of industry initiatives including TCF, MIFID II and GDPR.
- Comfortable working in an environment where outputs are monitored and targets set.
- Ability to balance commercial needs with compliance requirements.
- Able to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, prioritising and decision-making skills, with the ability to stay focused under pressure.
- Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail.
- Team player but must be able to work independently and use own initiative.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Commitment to pass basic financial industry exam within 3 months of employment (internal exam)
- Working towards or achievement of level 6.
- Knowledge of research tools & software (e.g. Voyant, Assureweb, FE Analytics, Selecta Pension, DST).
- Experience of Intelligent Office (IO). ¥ Knowledge in other areas such as protection, IHT planning and structured investments.
- Knowledge of SIPP providers, permitted investments and specialist funds.
- Able to assist with training and coaching of junior members of staff.
- Desire to maintain knowledge of industry developments.
- Capable of developing relationships with providers and leveraging these when required.
- Able to identify process improvements.