Trainee Investment Manager
£22,000 – £23,000
Recruit UK are working on an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Investment Manager in Birmingham to join an Investment Management firm. This is a prestigious business with recognised expertise throughout the Investment Management and Financial Planning space.
This position would best suit a recent graduate with a good degree in a relevant field.
I have an exciting opportunity to join a successful regional financial planning team of one of the UK leading financial service’s firms. They are pioneers in the dual professional, Financial Planning and Investment Management model and have a highly developed client proposition.
They offer a range of services from an online service for clients who want to make their own investment decisions to investment management and financial planning advisory service for clients who want advice.
They have ambitious organic growth plans and are also focused on identifying appropriate acquisition opportunities of all scales.
Our client has a great opportunity for a recent Graduate to join them as a Trainee Account Manager. You will be their first port of call dealing with Client and IFA queries and a key link between the front office and middle office functions.
They are looking for someone who is keen to be in the role and eager to learn. Maybe a recent graduate who has some admin experience. It is very much afoot in the door role for someone who is genuinely interested in a career in Investment Management. There is a possibility than after the 6-month contract is up there will be an opening for a Junior Investment Management position.
The position is a client and provider facing role and will provide wide-ranging support to Investment Managers.
Training progression on the path to Investment Manager Status will also involve:
- Investigating client administration queries and liaising with internal and external departments to resolve issues
- Resolve client questions
- Liaise with providers
- Chase outstanding queries
- Update clients with developments on their accounts
- Preparation of draft Investment Profile Reports
What’s in it for you:
- Valuations, valuation letters and remittance of reports Money flows
- Portfolio reconciliations
- Overseeing the placement of share dealing trades
- New business monitoring
- Balance Sheet data preparation
- General client queries
- Trade Placement on the system (subject to training)
- One-off project work
- Variance Report checks and procedures
- Income payments
- Monthly Performance Variances
- Other administrative tasks as requested
About Recruit UK:
- Attractive salary between £22-23dependent on experience and qualifications
- Excellent benefits with a generous holiday allowance
- Potential for a permanent position once FTC is completed
- This is an excellent opportunity to align yourself with dynamic market leading Investment Firm, whereas demand on the Birmingham team increases there will be progression opportunities within the team.
As specialists in financial services recruitment, we bring unique expertise, insight and connections, whether you are looking for a new job or are trying to fill a role. We have a reach of more than 100,000 financial services connections. Right now, Recruit UK are pleased to be working with an Investment Management firm in Birmingham on a Trainee Investment Manager role.
Our commitment to you:
- Start every journey with a conversation to find out about you in-depth.
- Provide honest feedback on where you fit in the jobs market.
- Use our network across the financial world to match you to your perfect position. Or if we think you already have it, we’ll tell you.
- Take a holistic mindfulness approach – career happiness is rarely just about the money.
- Cover the whole of the UK with a local touch through our regional teams.
- Never pester you.
This position is now filled. If you are looking for a position like this,
then visit our career consultation page and book a talk with one of our experts to find the perfect job for you.