In this episode we encourage you to take a hard look at the reasons why you are looking for a new job opportunity in financial planning, we offer some guidance around what you should be considering and doing before you start that time-consuming and often emotionally draining process of searching for a new job, which we cover in episode 2.
In this episode, we cover the following
• Why it’s important that you sit down with your current employer to discuss your reasons why you are looking to move on, with a focus on how to approach the salary increase conversation and what evidence you can gather to reflect your worth in the market.
• Why leaning into a trusted recruiter within the financial planning space, such as Recruit UK is a must at this early stage of your job search. *
• What does your current company’s career competency framework look like? What do the next two years offer you if you stay? No framework? No clear career path to reach your goals? Alarm bells should be ringing.
• Large firms or small firms, what’s right for you?
• Are you holding yourself back? Why holding a mirror up to yourself is so important when considering any career move. Remember that we often take our personal problems with us. Can you hand-on-heart say that you have done all you can to improve your current situation?
• What is a toxic culture, and are you working in one? Is it affecting your mental health? if so its time to move on.
• Employee well-being: Does your current company invest in yours?
• And loads more!