We have Elena hosting the podcast again this week and speaking with Lucy Byrom, Director of Fusion Business Management.
Lucy has taken a unique approach to a career within the Financial Planning profession. Coming into it as an apprentice straight from secondary school, she spent years immersed in the profession before taking exams to become a Paraplanner. But after multiple retakes she conceded Paraplanning wasn’t for her. But how do you stay in and progress through a profession you love without the “fundamental” building blocks?
In this episode we find out exactly how Lucy did just that. Identifying her strengths and using them to carve a career path through the Financial Planning profession that has brought her fulfilment. But there are challenges that come with such an unorthodox approach and we love how open Lucy is about the struggles she faced throughout.
• How you can thrive without needing to become a qualified Paraplanner or Financial Advisor
• Starting and running a non-financial planning business in a financial planning profession
• How she managed this with a young child
• Some of the prejudice that women STILL face in the profession
• The value that the profession brings not only to the clients but those that work within it
Hope you enjoy it!