Compliance/ Training and Development Manager – Wolverhampton
45,000 - 50,000
This position has now been filled. If you are looking for a job, let us help you find a similar job.
- Ensure that the firm maintains accurate, detailed and up to date compliance/T & C records.
- Comply with the relevant Compliance, TCF, T&C and Financial Crime Procedures of the firm at all times.
- Ensure knowledge of the necessary regulatory requirements is kept up to date.
- Reporting all relevant compliance issues to senior management.
- Working closely with the Compliance Manager to ensure consistency of message across the business.
- Ensure compliance with FCA rules and the Financial Services and Markets Act.
- Ensure that the firm’s Adviser recruitment procedures meet the regulatory requirements and are adhered to.
- Ensure any new Adviser recruits are trained on both the soft skills along with firm’s relevant procedures including complaints and financial crime.
- Ensure all approved persons read and understand the FCA Code of Practice and the firm’s internal Personal Account Dealing rules
- Ensure that the FCA is notified of any approved person ceasing to perform a controlled function or changes in their details.
- Ensure that all approved persons are assessed as fit and proper annually.
- Ensure the firm keeps up to date management information and that any adverse trends or recurring problems identified are passed on to the relevant individuals within the firm.
- Educate the client facing staff on the benefits of a robust T & C scheme.
- Ensure that any advising individual has maintained a relevant and adequate record of CPD and KPIs by formally reviewing this as outlined in the T &C compliance plan.
- Ensure that all approved persons are subject to the necessary levels of supervision outlined in the supervision Plan.
- Proactively conduct observation visits across product areas, identifying the suitability of the advice given by the adviser and recommend and deliver remedial action for their development.
- Proactively identify common themes and risks across the business in terms of development areas or knowledge gaps.
- Ensure competence failings or remedial action is recorded against Individual adviser Development Plans and addressed with them.
- Broad base of compliance knowledge and proven experience of working in a T & C/Adviser training and development role.
- Specific understanding/knowledge of the FCA COBS/SYSC rules
- Good understanding of other relevant legislation, including that related to financial crime
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence.