Head of Operations
This position has now been filled. If you are looking for a job, let us help you find a similar job.
- Recruit, motivate and develop the team, managing their performance
- Monitor attendance and holiday records, ensure new employees are signed off prior to the end of probation period
- Encourage and actively seek feedback to continuously improve service levels
- Keep abreast of changes to regulations and in-house policies
- Comply with all applicable FCA rules, current regulations, policies, and processes relevant to the business and challenge/escalate any breaches of the above
- Develop relationships with colleagues, acting as a point of contact for questions
- Implement training and development plans for the team, facilitating the delivery of systems and process training for new/existing employees and Advisers
- Take responsibility for key communications to the team
- Oversee the accuracy of Accounts onto the Sage Accounting system
- Scrutinise all Fee/Commission reports for accuracy and ensure these are balanced
- Deal with the financial matters relating to the business, including wages, invoicing
- Manage Health and Safety matters, including office security and housekeeping
- Ensure all client reports and supporting documents are delivered within timescales
- Hold regular 1-1 meetings with Managing Director and direct reports
- Ensure the team’s knowledge of the company’s back office system is consistent
- Highly competitive and negotiable salary dependent on levels of skills/experience and qualifications
- Company benefits include; death in service, private medical insurance, income protection, pension, travel, and dental cover
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills, to balance the varied elements of the role to deliver concurrent priorities under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Visible leadership skills to motivate and develop individual and team performance
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with both internal colleagues and external clients and suppliers
- Ability to interpret and adapt to industry, regulatory and procedural changes
- Committed to Continued Professional Development
- Proficient IT skills
- Accurate report writing skills
- Broad knowledge of all financial products
- Experience ideally in an IFA or Wealth Management firm in a managerial capacity
- Demonstrable success in managing staff
- Sound working knowledge of all financial products
- Familiar with Financial Services Back Office systems (Intelligent Office and CURO preferred)
- A sound understanding of FCA regulations, compliance and the Retail Distribution Review
- Financial Services Qualifications
- Diploma in regulated Financial Planning, QCF level 4
- Team player, concerned with team success as well as individual performance
- Professional, personally flexible and positive
- Comfortable with change and challenges, always seeking solutions
- Attention to detail and accuracy at all times
- Excellent interpersonal skills: approachable, confident, articulate and enthusiastic
- Strong organizational skills and efficiency
- High standards of personal integrity and reliability
- Proactive, self-motivated and deadline driven
- Customer service focused
- Professionally credible with personal integrity
- Passionate about delivering an essential support service against agreed service levels
- Embracing the management culture and promoting the standards and ethos of the business with all stakeholders
- Start every journey with a conversation to find out about you in depth.
- Provide honest feedback on where you fit in the jobs market.
- Use our network across the financial world to match you to your perfect position. Or if we think you already have it, we’ll tell you.
- Take a holistic mindfulness approach – career happiness is rarely just about the money.
- Cover the whole of the UK with a local touch through our regional teams.
- Never pester you.