Paraplanner – Birmingham
Full Time|Work From Home
This position has now been filled. If you are looking for a job, let us help you find a similar job.
- Level 4 Diploma qualified
- Have at least 2 years experience working as a paraplanner
We are currently representing a prestigious wealth advice and investment management business, winners of numerous industry awards’ and recognised for their impeccable training and coaching towards chartered and other specialist advice exams has earned them a high retention rate with employees and admiration from clients.
If your passion is to work for an organisation where providing first class financial advice is at the heart of what you do then your future is with this company. You will be playing an integral role in developing their client’s lifetime financial plans and fulfilling their financial ambitions by providing written advice along with technical research to their Financial Planners.
A hot bed of activity means the offices are always buzzing and there is strong team ethos across the business. They do not believe in micro-managing their colleagues, you will have the independence to work closely with the financial planners and administration support in a small hub.
They are committed to your personal and career development and have a clear progression framework for their Paraplanners in place. So, whether you wish to become a technical expert or you wish to share your skills and knowledge by coaching and mentoring the team your individual career path and ambitions will be supported and rewarded. They are very proud to have an excellent Learning and Development function providing both personal and financial support with professional study and qualifications.
Another great thing about them is that they can be flexible in terms of location, if you need to work from home a few days per week then they are happy to accommodate this. However, when required you will need to be able to travel to their central Birmingham office.
The team are fun, friendly, outgoing and best of all egos are left at the door! They get involved in charity days and have a good work life balance, the benefits package is competitive and you will be eligible for a yearly discretionary bonus on top of a highly competitive basic salary.
This role is not for everyone unfortunately, you must be level 4 qualified and ideally have 2 years paraplanning experience. This is a true paraplanning role, so if you love research, cash flow modelling, tax, pensions and all the exciting stuff then this role is for you! However, if you aren’t as strong in one area, not a problem!! As mentioned they provide great training and support to help guide you to your full potential.
Interviews can take place around your diary, they understand that it can be difficult to schedule interviews during the day and they don’t wish for you to use your holiday. They are extremely flexible and happy to meet with you after work.
High basic, bonus, career progression, great location, route to chartered, further qualifications, flexibility and work life balance! What are you waiting for?
- Prepare written advice and provide technical research services to a team of Financial Planners.
- Ensure that the preparation of advice for clients (both internal and external) is of the highest quality and delivered in an efficient manner whilst mitigating any risks to the business and assisting with the achievement of business targets.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Prepare suitability reports appropriate to level of experience and under relevant supervision. £· Ensure all relevant compliance paperwork has been carried out.
- Carry out technical research as part of the existing arrangement review process.
- Maintain core systems ensuring that all tasks are carried out and completed in line with the company policy and procedures.
- Maintain awareness of, and act in accordance with, all Compliance and legislative obligations.
- Obtain data on in-house and third party products in order to provide technical valuations as required.
- Discuss client objectives with the relevant Financial Planner, identifying and obtaining necessary client information in order to prepare the necessary suitability check.
- Deal with client and insurer queries to completion as appropriate.
- Ensure that client queries are appropriately investigated and accurate responses given.
- Accurately and efficiently support the Private Client/Financial Planning team to enable the achievement of targets and meet client expectations.
- Regularly participate in team meetings, including highlighting issues and owning actions through to resolution.
- Proactively enhance industry and Company knowledge, through external and internal sources and maintaining an accurate CPD log. Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent standard of education with a desire to further development and to undertake relevant examinations.
- Proficient IT skills in core Microsoft Office systems.
- Organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Professional telephone manner
Salary on offer is c£40k along with a generous list of benefits, including opportunity to achieve shares in the company.
Please contact Russell Davies at Recruit UK tel no 01179170418 to discuss this role in confidence. Alternatively email him at [email protected] Please quote reference 12614.This position is now filled. If you are looking for a position like this, then visit our career consultation page and book a talk with one of our experts to find the perfect job for you.