Paraplanner – Birmingham
30k - 40k
This position has now been filled. If you are looking for a job, let us help you find a similar job.
- Looking to build long term relationships with clients.
- A high end and technical practice.
- Do not tie clients in, they stay because they strive to be good value and offer excellent service.
- Strict around the clients that they deal with.
- Trust is key, their clients trust them and they trust their clients.
- Selective about who they act for. They are proud to say they only deal with nice people. They want clients to be like family, their interests and that of their clients are aligned.
- It is important to the organisation to maintain their chartered status so they are looking for people who are chartered or have aspirations to become chartered.
- Pension and Retirement Planning, Defined Benefit Pension transfers, Pension Switching, Inheritance Tax Planning, All forms of Protection. Investment advice – ISA, Unwrapped, Offshore and Onshore bonds.
- New Clients / New Business – From financial plan through to Research and the Suitability Report. Providing the best advice and documenting compliantly is a priority
- Annual Reviews – same as the above
- Client Queries – Ability to deal with technical client queries that may be posed whilst no adviser in the office and to handle these competently and effectively – Conducting trades and other ongoing client maintenance
- Compiling compliance folders on completion of any advice – This includes documenting and uploading to back office systems etc.
- Assistance in creating financial plans and technical help for the senior adviser – they make mistakes too – so ability to spot these is important.
- Experience in using the following software is preferable, if not then ability to learn to use such research systems quickly and thoroughly is important;
- Qualified to Chartered Financial Planner level
- 5 years’ experience of paraplanning
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
- A friendly and sunny outlook with ability assist other members of staff with their queries and act within a team.
- High levels of literacy and numeracy.
- A competitive salary
- Career progression if you want it, there is a clear route to advice or management.
- They will be supportive and loyal. They will fit in with people’s family commitments etc. and will be flexible, however, we also want loyalty, honesty and respect in return.
- When the firm does well they want everyone to participate in that success through;