£45,000 – £50,000
Recruit UK are working on an excellent opportunity for a Risk Manager in Horsham to join a Financial Advice practice.
A fantastic opportunity to refocus or align your career trajectory, this practice actively encourages learning on the job parallel with funded industry-recognized qualifications through the CII.
Within the role you will be in charge of the FCA rules and their interpretation application throughout the entire practice, evaluating FCA handbooks and thematic outputs, contributing to risk committees and other committees within the Group.
You will be the subject matter expert for understanding risk and factors that affect the risk for the practice interpreting the legal requirements of the European directives, keeping up-to-date with regulatory and industry developments. You will be providing evaluation reports to the compliance director and formulating gap analyses and action plans where required whilst focusing on managing the risk in respect of GDPR across the Group
Using your refined analytical, observational and communication skills to engage with and motivate others to understand the systems and process within a technology-focused business. You will be assisting with documenting the new procedures, systems and control whilst making decisions on all appropriate notifications to the FCA. Undertaking appropriate reviews of FCA outputs, ensuring that the findings are accurately recorded and handled appropriately so as to mitigate the associated risks.
What’s in it for you:
The chance to join a rapidly growing group with unrivalled future personal growth opportunities within a rewarding practice, with an extensive benefits package:
Desirable skills and experience required:
- Holiday entitlement starts at 22 days, rising to 25 days plus bank holidays (1 day with each completed year of service)
- Onsite parking (Horsham)
- Up to 5% matched employer pension contribution
- Private healthcare
- Death in Service which is up to 4 x basic salary
- Critical Illness Cover up to 2 x base salary
- Life Assurance
- Employees Shares Scheme: Eligibility after 1 year of continuous service, the number of shares available each year is decided by the Board of Directors. There is no fee for the shares as they are a gift from the Company.
- Discretionary quarterly bonus is available to every member of staff.
About Recruit UK:
- L6 Advanced Diploma working towards Chartered Status
- J07 Supervision in a Regulated Environment
- Significant compliance experience within the financial services, preferably in an investment or insurance environment. An in-depth understanding of FCA/PRA regulatory expectations
- Experience working within a network, platform or product provider
As specialists in financial services recruitment, we bring unique expertise, insight and connections, whether you are looking for a new job or are trying to fill a role. We have a reach of more than 100,000 financial services connections. Right now, Recruit UK are pleased to be working with a Financial Advice practice based in Horsham on a Risk Manager role.
Our commitment to you:
- Start every journey with a conversation to find out about you in-depth.
- Provide honest feedback on where you fit in the jobs market.
- Use our network across the financial world to match you to your perfect position. Or if we think you already have it, we’ll tell you.
- Take a holistic mindfulness approach – career happiness is rarely just about the money.
- Cover the whole of the UK with a local touch through our regional teams.
- Never pester you.
This position is now filled. If you are looking for a position like this,
then visit our career consultation page and book a talk with one of our experts to find the perfect job for you.